Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Death to the Samuri Bun! 10 Easy Ready for Work Hair Tutorials

Samurai bun, top bun, whatever you want to call it, I am declaring war on you! I say enough! This ridiculous hairstyle has been a trend for too long and I'm tired of seeing it. 

Let me say first and foremost that it is not a good look for anyone. It makes your forehead look huge and your ears stick out. Think about this. Are these the parts of your face that you want to accentuate? I say enough! There are too many cute hairstyles out there for this to still be a popular one. In the same vein, men do not think this is an attractive look. Did your boyfriend say he liked it? He's a liar. Sorry. #ImNotSorry

Now, before you start throwing things at me let me tell you that I am the first to admit that I do nothing with my hair. And I mean NOTHING. Its states of being are up, down, or wet. That's about it. I I need to pull my hair out of my face it's with a bobby pin and a low bun, so this article is really for me too. I need to learn how to style hair without deferring to a low bun. In all seriousness, cut it out ladies. I'm calling for a top knot revolution! Overthrow the top bun!

I see it a ton in busy offices. Look, I get it. You're stressed, you're busy, and the last thing you need is to constantly push air off of your face. There is a better way! And I swear most of these hairstyles are just as easy. 

Are you a top bun offender? Have you top bunned recently? I'm asking you, please, hop onto your Pinterest account and take a look around at all the cute hairstyles out there. There must be a better way to keep your hair out of your face and look cute. Right?

To help aid anyone out there in dropping their samurai bun addiction, I've pulled some easy, pretty hairstyles to replace it with. You're welcome.

10 Easy Updo Hair Tutorials

Twisty Ponytail Hair Tutorial

French Braid Hair Tutorial

10 Easy Updo Hair Tutorials

10 Easy Updo Hair Tutorials

10 Easy Updo Hair Tutorials
10 Easy Updo Hair Tutorials

10 Easy Updo Hair Tutorials


So there you have it. Some ideas for how to style hair for the office. Really, most of these can be done at your desk, which is perfect because who has time to even think about hair during the week? I mean, really

So tell me, what's your go-to work hair style?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...