Thursday, August 21, 2014

What I Wore: The Vintage Office Wear Edition

There is something about this style of dress that always makes me think, "70s secretary". Why, I have no idea, but it does. Always. Maybe I watched too many episodes of Charlie's Angels growing up or maybe I'm just crazy. Either way, I love the style of this dress. Every time I find one, I have to pick it up. There are actually a couple more in a similar style hanging out in the Etsy store right now. I know that's really biased of me to do and I should stop, but I can't! I love the way this vintage cut looks on me, so I keep buying them - whether they fit me or not. It's a sickness. I have a buying sickness.


Obviously, when I picked up this dress, I thought "70s!". In reality, it's probably some somewhere in the mid-80s based on the tag. Nevertheless, it's still freaking awesome and I am so excited to be adding it to the shop. The color is perfect. Not too purple, not too pink and just warm enough for any skin tone. (I guess you would call it plum?)

 Outfit details:
Brown bow belt - came with a dress

The most fun thing about this dress is that it's super light and has a half circle skirt, which makes spinning around in circles awesome! 

So you may be wondering: If I think this dress is so cool, why am I listing it? Great question! I list a lot of things that I absolutely adore. Sometimes I regret it, most times I don't. I started the Etsy shop because I love the hunt. Finding pieces that are awesome and then finding a new home for them are the most fun part about having the store. So if I know I won't really wear something or it doesn't quit fit me perfectly (because I keep a lot of stuff I find too), I list it and hope someone comes across it and gets really excited about their find.

So if you're shopping the Etsy store and you find something you love, please message me and let me know! I love hearing from customers. It makes my day!

Quick note about these shoes. They are always on Modcloth and, gosh darn it, they are perfect. They have them in three different colors and if you don't own a pair yet, you should!

This purse is another find that I was super happy about. It's the perfect size for holding everything you need and it's soooo soft. I love the orange suede.

Have you ever picked up something at a garage sale or thrift store and bought it, even though you knew it wouldn't fit you? 


Don't miss any other Etsy shop updates! Be sure to follow me on your social network of choice -  FacebookTwitterPinterestBloglovin, or Instagram - and I'll let you know when something new is up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...