Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What I Wore: The Wishful Thinking Edition

If you build it, they will come, right? That's how the world works? Following that logic, if I build my spring wardrobe now, spring will come! Soon. Please, dear holy everything, make it soon. We had one week here in Chicago that felt kind of like spring, close enough anyway. So I tried to take advantage of it and pull out some spring gear. Today, it's back down to the tens. As in, we have a high of 10 degrees today. Woo hoo! I'm going to savor this photo shoot and think of better days. Anyway, this is the kickstart of my spring wardrobe! (I can't promise it won't be back to winter next week)


 Outfit Details:
Midi Dress in Bright Animal Print - ASOS (now on sale! get it gurl!)
Felt hat - Urban Outfitters last year
Brown Pleather Jacket - H&M (similar jacket here)
Grey Tights - Target
Heels - Urban Outfitters on sale (similar shoes here)

I picked up this dress and a few more on ASOS after I decided that my spring wardrobe is going to be full of 40s style dresses, skirts, and prints. Luckily, ASOS is good at this and they have plenty of dresses with puff sleeves, midi lengths, and a-line skirts - everything you need to dance with an army man! I'm happy where I started my collection with this bright print dress. I'd say it's a more modern take on a very classic 40s silhouette. Now I just need to up my shoe game.

I love this dress for a couple reasons: 1.) it's bright (I've been wearing so much black. So. Much. Black.) 2.) It's kind of a fun abstract animal print 3.) it's got this slight opening in the back. I think that kind of makes it perfect for work or a date night. I just have to throw a cardigan over it or a tank top under it to make it work appropriate - I don't think my coworkers really appreciate seeing my bra, but who knows?


And to top it all off, I threw on a vintage, thrifted clutch to make that perfect mix of something old and something new. I try to pull that off regularly without looking trashy - like mixing thrifted pieces with new sometimes can - but you tell me if it works.


How about you? Have you been able to pull out your spring wardrobe yet? Let me know in the comments!


Can't keep up with your blog reader? Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram and I'll let you know when something new is up! (I'm just that nice ;)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...