Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What I Wore: The 70s Summer Edition

Summer is here! Minus all the rain, it's been a pretty perfect start to summer. With music festivals, movies in the park, pool parties, and long days at the beach all around the corner, it's time to start finalizing that summer style. My style? 70s gypsy/biker. Does it suit me? Nope, I don't think so. Do I care? No! I'm going to make it work because I want to and that's that.


Outfit Details:
Crochet Sleeveless Top - Vintage
Wide Leg Print Pants - local boutique (similar pants)
Black Wedge Sandals - Target
Wide Brim Sun Hat - Old Navy
This was actually my birthday outfit last week, because I threw a little pool party and this is the fabulous outfit I put together so that I wouldn't be sitting around in a bikini all day. Plus, I really wanted to play hostess, so it seemed like a appropriate hostess outfit. Long story short, the pants were super 70s, the shirt is actually from the 70s, and my shoes are platforms — it all just seemed to work so perfectly together. It's probably my favorite birthday outfit to date.
To complete my ideal look of the summer, I need to add high-waisted, bell bottom jeans, more platforms, ripped up band t-shirts, and way more turquoise jewelry to my wardrobe (way more).  Does anyone know where I can find bell bottom jeans that don't look tacky? Either way, I have a long way to go before I perfect my summer 70s look, and that means that I have a lot of shopping to do. Oh, dear. How will I survive? I think I'm going to try and thrift up some old band tees and alter them as a money saving tactic. If I do, keep your eyes here for a tutorial!

In the meantime, I'll be rocking that 70s vibe in the ways I know how to. Which are basically this:






A big thank you to my photographer Holly and her husband-to-be who just had to be in this blog post. Isn't he fabulous? It's nice having neighbors that talk to you.


What's your summer style?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...