Monday, July 7, 2014

Interior Design: White Interiors with Lively Details

It's summer, it's sunny, and the plants are coming in. There's nothing more warming for your decor in the summer time than house plants. Do they have to be over-abundant and difficult to care for? Absolutely not. Just like this minimalist home demonstrates with them scattered delicately throughout for a little touch of life.


I like to say that I'm a sucker for a certain type of interior design style or trend, like white walls or rustic accents, but I think I'm just a sucker for interior design in general. There's nothing specifically about this space that I would want to try in my own apartment or I've talked about before, but it just really caught my eye. Somehow, even with all of the minimalist furniture and neutral colors, there's an inviting warmth to the space. I really think it has something to do with the sunshine and being able to see greenery in every room — either through a window or sitting on a table.

There's so much that a simple house plant can bring to a space. Just that little touch of life makes a world of difference in the level of coziness to a home. I'm talking about real plants here, even though I do love me some fake flowers, they don't create the same effect as fresh, blooming buds do. Besides, we've all read the articles claiming that gardening relieves stress. Who knows if it's true (I still feel pretty stressed all the time no matter what), but it can't hurt to try! There's also an immense amount of satisfaction that comes from keeping a living thing...living. Trust me, I've killed a few house plants in my day, but when you get that one that keeps blooming, it becomes a whole new adventure. 



In addition to the natural, green accents, this home just has these tiny, quirky touches in every room that really help the minimalist pieces and the white walls feel inviting instead of ultra-modern. Homes without charm and quirk often times feel cold and over-done.






Originally found on Planete Deco.

Do you have any house plants in your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...