Friday, June 8, 2012

Photo Friday: Neon and Nature

The following is going to be a very weird sentence: I love that I love these. Does that even make sense? Probably not. But I do because they seem to scream to me in such an obvious and simple way. Obviously because they are very literally neon words, so yes these photos are speaking to you, but also because of this very stark opposition and integration between technology and nature. Art always pits man vs. beast and these neon word installations do just that while very literally speaking to the man. I'm getting too academic her, I can feel it. Sorry all. Obviously, I love this.

The installations were done and photographed by Jung Lee of Seoul, South Korea. I kind of want to know the details behind the logistics of installing neon words into the snowy ground, but I guess that's a project for a different day (yes, my DIY wheels are spinning). For now, enjoy! And I'd love to know what you think of these!






 I adore this one. Not for it's obvious sentimental value, but because I'm wondering who Jung is talking to. This is the English major nerd coming out in me, but I see this photo and I wonder who the speaker is. Is it nature speaking to the viewer? Welcome to my head people, it can get a little intense in here.



Do you love these neon text pictures as much as I do? (It's ok if you don't ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...