Thursday, June 7, 2012

Vintage Love: Baubles and Jewels

I love jewelry. It's one aspect of my outfits that I can never omit because I think that accessories really are the topping on the cake. Jewelry, shoes, etc. can make or break an outfit, so I have an absurd collection of rings, bracelets, necklaces, and earrings. And especially since it's trendy to wear tons of these at once, it just gave me an excuse to collect even more. Most of mine is pretty cheap and costume-y, but that doesn't matter to me (as long as it doesn't turn my neck green). Long story short, I love jewelry and I feel naked if I leave the house without it.

Now, I collect a lot of vintage clothes and accessories both for myself and the shop and a lot of times things that I pick up for the shop end up living in my closet (sorry guys!). Jewelry though is something I have never been good at picking up at estate sales or thrift stores, so I really admire vintage Etsy sellers that have a large collection of vintage jewelry. Clothes is one thing, there's almost always a tag to help you figure out what era a piece is from, but with jewelry it's such a crap shoot. I'd love to expand my collection, but I hate putting things in the store that I can't date. So anyway, today I pulled together a collection of vintage jewelry pieces that I though were really awesome and definitely amazing finds. I'm jealous of every last one of these. Anyone know where to find cool vintage jewelry in Chicago?

'Retro Baubles and Jewels' by StrangerThanVintage


Vintage Natasha Stambouli Go...
$55.00

Vintage Necklace Purple Glas...
$35.00

Vintage Southwestern Tiger&#...
$115.00

Vintage Floral Brooch - Milk...
$12.00

Lily // Vintage Molded Glass...
$65.00

Vintage Sterling Silver and ...
$175.00

Sterling Silver Enamel Pheas...
$95.00

50% SALE - KJL Frog Earrings...
$75.00

Vintage Turquoise, Coral, an...
$95.00

Rhinestone Earrings Couture ...
$450.00

TAKAHASHI BLUEBIRD Brooch H...
$175.00

80s Dark Purple Square Earri...
$5.50

Lovely Deco Pink Star Sapphi...
$120.00

Vintage BEAUJEWELS Rhineston...
$9.95

Vintage Gay Boyer 4 Strand G...
$65.00

LARGE 14kt Carved Shell Came...
$595.00

Do you ever buy vintage jewelry? What's your favorite type of jewelry to wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...