Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What I Wore: The Hi Low Edition

Anyone else watch the new season of Arrested Development? I obviously have based on my title. Anyway, it did feel appropriate here in today's outfit post. I have issues with office wear. Mostly because my office is super casual. Like so casual some people come to work in yoga pants and as I've mentioned on here before, I don't even leave the house in yoga pants unless I'm heading straight to the gym. So I struggle because I often feel over dressed or under dressed but never....dressed?


Now this look is something that I don't normally try because it's not something I think I pull off well, but I guess practice makes perfect right? I wanted to pull off casual, but professional without looking too "business-y" so I pulled this midi skirt (that I love because you can see it here and here too, I'm really getting my money's worth), a concert tee, and this Chanel-esque jacket. Now I never wear t-shirts to work, but I like the way this outfit turned out a lot. I think there is enough going on to distract from the t-shirt and make it look more work appropriate. What do you think?




People often ask me why I do these outfit posts and I think this post is a perfect example so I wanted to talk about it for a second. I'm no fashoinista. I love clothes and I think that personal style is one of the best ways we express ourselves publicly before we even open our mouths, but I haven't perfected a damn thing. I'm still learning, still growing, and I always will be. That's why I write this blog - not because I'm an expert but because I'm fumbling through it just like we all are.

A few reasons I like blogging about my personal style:
1. Seeing yourself through a mirror is different than seeing yourself through a camera lens.
2. I love photo editing. It gives me a reason to constantly be creative.
3. I LOVE feedback. When I ask what do you think I completely 100% mean it. Whether it's here or on my Facebook page or Twitter account, I want to know what you think! Even if you hate it. I'm a big girl. I can handle it. Chances are I'm just going to do whatever I like anyway ;)
4. Playing dress up is even more fun as an adult. Seriously.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is thank you. Thanks for fumbling along with me!


Who's your main go-to for fashion advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...