Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What I Wore: The Pastels Edition

I got my identity thefted (yes, it's not a word, but I like the way it sounds) a few weeks ago so my obvious solution when I had no money was shop my woes away. Don't even act like you don't know what I'm talking about here. Anyway, I hopped onto one of my favorite sites and picked up a couple things because I hadn't bought anything from them in a quite a while and I thought it meant I was being good. One of those things were these fabulous polka dot pants! Now I had been thinking about making my own DIY polka dot pants for a while, but there were already made AND teal. Could I say no? I mean really?


Crochet sweater - thrifted
Lace detail booties - DSW (they only have the oxford version left, I bought these guys on clearance.)

Now as you can see here, here, here, and a couple other places, I love polka dots. It's the kid in me or something. I honestly don't know what does it but I think they're cute enough to consistently add to my wardrobe. With this outfit, I went very pale - a white top with light tan shoes and white lace on the sides - which is not something I do very often. I am (or used to be) huge on bright colors and lots of them. I rarely ever bought pastels. Lately though, I've been drawn to them more and more. It might have to do with the resurgence of pastels in fashion the past few years (the fashion industry over-saturated us with colors) or it might have to do with the face that I'm starting to feel like a grown up (AHHH run for the hills!) and hot pink and lime green color combos just don't feel appropriate anymore.

Our style changes over the years or rather it should change. I know that. I just think it's so interesting how much of it is something that just happens naturally and how much is a conscious decision. I'm getting older so have my tastes matured to pastels and pant suits - just kidding I don't wear pants suits. Or have I been saying to myself "listen oldie, put down that neon pink pleather skirt and step away from the studded vest"? Food for thought I guess.


A note on this shoot: I love the light right before a thunderstorm. It's really something else. Almost all of these pictures are unedited because I thought the light looked so perfect. I wish I had time to take more pictures of my neighborhood before it started pouring.




Do you notice when your style preferences start to change over time?

2 comments:

  1. Shit, if you're too old for bright colors and studded vests, I'm doomed! Sorry about your identity being thiefed - I had that happen close to X-Mas and it's a pain in the ass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ok so I still do wear bright colors and studded vest (I actually just studded my iPhone case) but it's gotten to that point where I think "do I really need those neon yellow pants?"

      Close to x-mas? That blows. People are jerks. I hope you got all your $$$ back.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...