Friday, December 27, 2013

Photo Friday: Self Examination

You guys, 2013 is almost over. How did that happen? It's so weird how time just seems to go by faster and faster as you get older. No one really warns you about that when you're growing up. Soon I'll blink and a year will pass me by. Actually, I think that just happened.

With the year ending, I though this was a perfect time to share this photography series by a very talented young photographer and his collection of self-portraits. To combat his social anxieties, Kyle Thompson started experimenting with photography and used the only subject he had around - himself. The result is something fantastic that shows his tremendous talent.

Magical and whimsical, his work speaks to a vast imagination and I am definitely a new fan. The self portrait series is really interesting because it doesn't focus on his face or even everyday events. Instead, there's is a mix of mystery, fantasy, and  reality. I love it! 





This one is probably my favorite. It just makes me think of Gulliver's Travels and book nerds love anything that reminds them of books - a little life lesson for you.






Right now, as everyone is going through a bit of self-examination, it seemed appropriate to share how Thompson went through his. Now it's time for me to get off the Internet and do a little of my own. Hope you're as excited for what the new year has to bring as I am!

Already a fan of Kyle Thompson? Make sure to check out his website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...