Wednesday, December 4, 2013

What I Wore: The Vintage Holiday Sweater Edition

Well, shit. It's December already, huh? Here I am, once again, not prepared for any sort of holiday season. I thought that I would get the apartment decorated this week, have started my holiday shopping by now, and have ideas for what I was getting everyone on my list. Planning is so much easier than executing. #amirite If you're ahead of me at the point, you go guuurrrl! You deserve some sort of expert-holiday-wrangler award or something.

The only thing I have been able to get on top of is planning holiday party outfits - never mind that I have no holiday parties to attend yet.

Outfit Details:
Jason Wu for Target Dress - similar style dress here and here
Vintage Beaded Heels - thrifted

This dress is obviously one of my favorites. It's made an appearance on this blog in this Jason Wu for Target post and another post involving vintage sweaters. Obviously, I'm a sucker for throwing sweaters over this dress. It's a little too fancy to wear every day, so I take any excuse to put it on. Like for holidays! I pulled this sweater to put on it because I was trying to dress it down a bit, while still keeping it festive and fun. The pattern on this vintage black and yellow sweater has always reminded me of Christmas ornaments, so it seemed fitting.




I love this sweater. It's actually a little bit longer than pictured - I just wanted it to hit at the waist of this dress - and it's incredibly soft and comfy. Throw it on with tights, a mini, and boots and you're good to go. Did I mention that it's for sale ;)

Anyway, I'm done with holiday outfits for a while. They're too easy. Throw on some shimmer, satin, or velvet and you're ready for a party. Don't take my word for it. Next time you're getting dressed add in some sparkle, satin, or velvet and I swear you'll feel holiday ready!

What's your go-to holiday outfit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...