Monday, April 14, 2014

Interior Design: Gallery Walls

I'm moving into a new place June 1st and I couldn't be more excited to have the ability to plan and decorate this time around. When I moved into this apartment, my first apartment, everything was kind of rushed and I didn't take time to really plan out the space. It's come together in the three years that I've lived here, but now not only will I have time, I'll also have space! I'll get to have space and lots of white walls to decorate. So I've been imagining a gallery wall above my TV for a long time and just haven't gotten excited about anything. Now that I'll have the space to fill, my love of gallery walls has been renewed!


This probably makes me a really bad vegetarian, but I love gallery walls that incorporate antlers. In my defense, deer do shed their antlers. Not in my defense, originally I wanted a whole deer head. It turns out they're really expensive, so I down graded to fake deer head or antlers. Either way, one of the two will be incorporated into my living room gallery wall, so I found a few walls for inspiration!





Of course, I love rustic interior design and I think the antlers will really help pull the style together. However, the point of a gallery wall is to put up a lot of things you love so I love the designs that use more than just picture frames to create that full, warm look. 




 Now the struggle for me will be pulling together a bunch of things that I want to look at every day that also all work well together. I'll try to get an update here once I do get it up, maybe with some tips on what to do (and what definitely not to do) if you'd like to make your own!

Do you have a gallery wall in your home? How did you decide what to include?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...