Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What I Wore: The Pencil Skirt Edition

There are certain things you always need in your closet. One is a dress perfect for your body type that makes you feel great. Another is a pair of jeans that works for errands or going out. And the last thing is a an office appropriate pencil skirt. I don't care what you think about your body type, a pencil skirt makes anyone look hot and classy - that's a dangerous combo. I think my collection of pencil skirts will forever be growing and changing because whether you wear it with a cardigan and heels to work or a t-shirt and boots out to a concert, it always works. Always.

I have a collection of a pencil skirts for every season, but finding a good sweater skirt can sometimes be a hassle. They point of a pencil skirt is that they are slimming and sweater ones can sometimes look bulky. However, this vintage skirt is just the right mix of sensible and adorable.


 Outfit Details:
Pink Sweater Vintage Pencil Skirt - Stranger Than Vintage
Lace Details Shirt - Forever 21
Brown Waist Belt - similar belt
Brown Boots - Delia's 
With spring coming, now's the time to actually show off your sweater wear instead of hiding it under bulky jackets. Bare legs, sweater skirt, and a sheer top is what spring is all about! Also, I'm a sucker for lace. I think if you pair lace with anything it instantly feel more elegant and feminine, which is kind of what I was going for in this shoot.





I'm obsessed with this necklace. I got it at a craft fair in Chicago last summer and completely forgot the shop's name. I'm going back this summer and dammit, they better be there. Expect a feature if I can find them!

What are the 3 things that you need in your closet?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...