Wednesday, October 22, 2014

What I Wore: The Flasher Edition

I'm not one of those girls that's "secretly" excited that fall is here. Fall in Chicago isn't really anything to get excited about for too long. However, I do love dressing for fall. I always have so many outfit ideas for fall. I think it's the season where I'm most capable of looking the most put together with the smallest effort. Dress, tights, and an open sweater? No problem. I do feel like I can get into a little bit of a uniform though, so this year I'm trying to break it up with a few new fall outfits. Step 1: new fall coats. 


I've been on the hunt for a classic trench coat for a while now. I've owned a few trench coats in the past and have abandoned them. They were never really for me, but I thought I'd give them another try this fall season and I'm so happy I did. This coat is my new favorite and I've been wearing it every chance I get. (Even though I do kinda feel like a flasher in it with a dress and no tights on. Surprise!) 

Outfit Details:
Red Dress - Old Navy
Classic Trench - ASOS
Arrow Ring - ASOS 
Heeled Boots - Modcloth last season (similar)
Necklace - Madewell (on hella clearance, score!)



Okay, let's talk about this dress for one minute. Yes, it's from Old Navy. Yes, I'm as surprised as you. Now, to be fair, I don't really shop at Old Navy so I don't really know what they carry, but my boyfriend loves them. Sometimes when he needs a new shirt or whatever he buys, I wander in with him. This last time I was pleasantly surprised to find a ton of really affordable dresses that were also super cute. (Amy Poehler is not lying to you in those commercials). I walked away with 4 new dresses and a sweater that day and I want to go back. I love this dress. It fits perfectly, is a great orange-y red color, and is totally work or going out appropriate. It's just the perfect, basic fall layering dress. You always need a couple of those in your closet, right?


Fall, of course, is also the easiest season to dress vintage for. I don't know how people wore so many clothes in 80 weather in the 50s. I'll hopefully have some fresh vintage looks to put up soon.

What's your favorite season to dress for?


As usual, if you liked this post, there's plenty more where that came from! Follow me on your network of choice (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, or Bloglovin) to know when the next post goes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...