Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What I Wore: The Missing Paris Edition

As much as I wish that this post was set in Paris, I completely forgot my camera remote when I went on vacation, so I wasn't able to grab any outfit photos for the blog on the streets of Paris (my life is ruined). I'll just have to settle for a dress from Paris on my regular old back porch in Chicago. I think even if I had brought my remote, I would have been too nervous to take pictures of myself on the busy streets of Paris. Oh, well.


Outfit Details:
Printed Sweater Dress - Kookai (But I found a similar sweater dress here and this one is pretty too)
T-strap Heels - Urban Outfitters
Gold Chain - Thrifted
Purse - Local Boutique

Sweater dresses are something that I struggle with. I love them, but they hate me. It's really unfair. I constantly find cute ones, but then end up feeling bulky in them. That's why I was thrilled when I found this dress. I actually almost didn't even try it on because I was sure it would look dumb once I put it on. To my surprise, it worked! I found it in this French store called Kookai and unfortunately for me and the world, they're only in France. Which is a total bummer but also kind of ok, because it is a little on the pricy side and I would spend all my money there. All of it. 

Anyway, finding this perfect sweater dress made me realize a few things about sweater dress shopping:
1. Not all sweater dresses were made evil.
2. If I want it to look good, it's got to be right for my body type.
3. I need to stick to thinner knits and flowier shapes.
4. Always, always try it on. You never know what will happen.
5. If I own a dress in that shape already, it will probably work as a sweater dress as long as the knit it thin.

So now I'm all sweatered up and ready for fall!



Do you struggle with sweater dresses too? What are your tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...