This is also the easiest tutorial ever so if you still need that last little piece of decor to put up, this is it! It shouldn't take you more than an hour and a half depending how fast you cut. I happen to be a slow cutter and that was the most tedious part. Anyway, here's the tutorial!
Fall Leaf Garland Tutorial
- 3 pieces of felt in fall colors (or more if you need a longer garland)
- 2 sheets of plain white paper
- Paper cutting scissors
- Fabric cutting scissors
- Tapestry needle
- Trace the shape of your leaves onto your white paper. I just pick two leaf shapes (a maple and an oak) and pulled them up on my computer screen. Then I held up my white paper to that and traced it out.
- Cut out your leaf shapes.
- Use them as a template and cut out the same shapes on your felt. I cut out two of each shape on each piece of felt leaving me with 12 leaves.
- Thread your yarn through your tapestry needle and thread on your leaves. I threaded first and cut last, this way I got to play with the spacing and length of the string without wasting any yarn!
- Hang up your brand new fall ready garland!
Easy right? I told you this was the super easiest tutorial for fall home decor.