Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Design: Industrial Mood

As you can probably tell by all the other interior design post on this blog, I'm an exposed brick, rustic farm elements kind of gal. However, this doesn't mean that I can't appreciate or enjoy clean modern lines. The inner hoarder in me just happens to prefer a more cluttered design scheme. Finding this industrial inspired home was one of those moments that pulled my out of my usual design aesthetic.


I've always been a fan of warehouse renovations, so it's not really a surprise that this architecture caught my eye. It totally has that warehouse style. I adore the combination of concrete, wood, steel, and glass in this labyrinth of a building. Even though all of the elements fit together perfectly, some rooms look like they could belong in a completely different building. The photography used for this piece of massive architecture also couldn't be more perfect. The building itself is massive and imposing and the photography is beautifully subdued and moody. The washed out colors and grey skies are the perfect set up for this concrete space. Absolutely gorgeous.


I wonder what it would be like to live in a space like this though. The concrete walls make the home feel a little cold. No one wants to live in a prison. I think that's why I enjoy the use of the wood beams on the ceilings of some rooms. It really warms the place up.






















What do you think? Too much concrete?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...