Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday Design: Best Use of Space Award

I've actually been meaning to post this video for a while and it kind of got lost in my back logs. My apologies if you've already seen it a million times, but I thought it was worth the share.

And the award for best use of space in a tiny apartment goes to.....

GIZMODO - The Tiny Transforming Apartment That Packs Eight Rooms into 350 Square Feet from Gizmodo on Vimeo.
...this guy!

I mean honestly, that is some commitment to maximizing space. You can't just pop into IKEA and pick up all of these components. There are custom built pieces in there and I can't even image how much all that must have cost. Nonetheless, it's definitely fun to watch how this tiny apartment space becomes different and functional rooms of an entire home. You have to give props. There's even a guest room.

A note on the design: if you've been following along, you can see that the design of the space is very minimal - very different from what I normally find appealing in interior design - but I absolutely had to share it based on the ingenuity of it. Would I actually want to live in this apartment? Nope. The custom designed furniture and gagillion hiding spaces make it too empty, too bland, and too impersonal. I love lots of stuff to surround myself with. Maybe I have a hoarding problem. Mostly I like to define my design aesthetic as "cozy".

Would you like to live in this tiny 8-room apartment? 

2 comments:

  1. This place is fantastic! And not to sound too narcissistic, but that guy totally looks like me! I felt like it was me in the video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Too bad this isn't your apartment. I just want to hang out inside and discover all the weird little hidden spots.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...