Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What I Wore: California Livin'

Take me back to the west. The sun is finally starting to show a little today after days of stormy weather and it's making me wonder why I ever flew back from California in the first place. Anyway, my little road trip out there was amazing and I finally got around to uploading the photos from the trip to my desktop. Meaning I'll hopefully get to share those memories on here soon!

Moving on to the more important question: what does a Chicago girl, used to frigid weather, wear in California? Something that makes her look very confused as to what season we're in.


To be clear, I am wearing tights and not leggings. I'm not completely insane. But I did have no idea what to expect from the weather even though I checked it on my phone. In Chicago, you can follow the forecast all you want, but the reality is that you never really know what the weather is like until you step outside. A 60 degree day can feel like 45 or like 75. It really depends. In California, I really just expected the weather to be hot in April all the time. Naturally I brought shorts and a tank top to wear. Well, it was pretty windy in Chico so I needed to add on a cardigan and tights. But hey, I'm not complaining. It was a huge improvement over the 43 degrees here.

I've still been trying to curb my shopping in an effort to save money so I don't really have anything new to report. As you can see, I've already showed off these shorts (twice even). The rest are just staples. Although, I've been saving a little bit of money to buy some new spring clothes so stay tuned!

PLUS! I got to take pictures in an orchard! An almond orchard to be exact. You have to understand my enthusiasm. I am rarely in orchards. In fact, I think the last one I was in I was maybe 8 or younger. It's been a while. Which is probably why I look so goofy and happy below.


Yes, this is me hanging off of an almond tree. Why? Who cares why? I was in freaking California!







I also didn't know almonds grew on trees or looked like this. I learned a lot last week.

Did you ever go on vacation and bring the most weather inappropriate wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...