Friday, April 26, 2013

Photo Friday: Where Word Nerds and Design Nerds Meet

Word nerds and design nerds rejoice! I think I found the point where you two meet. I stumbled across this amazing collection on Brain Pickings today of unusual and rarely used words turned into bold graphics and the literature major in me swooned. Obscure words and pretty graphics make up most of my life.



This project, put together by Project Twins, grabbed me instantly. Mostly because I spent a good deal of time trying to guess the words on my own and let me just say, these are in fact some obscure words. It was still fun though. I just picked out a few of my favorite word/design combos, but you can check out the whole A-Z set on Brain Pickings.







Some days I do feel particularly scripturient. Too bad it's never at work, where my job is to write. Isn't life funny that way?

What's your favorite obscure word?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...