Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday Design: Grand Simplicity

Rose Uniacke's home is a dream. That's all I can really say about it. Although, I guess if I worked as an established interior designer, I'd make sure my home was a dream too.


As much as my tastes for rustic interior design tends to lean towards cluttered (or I like to call them "cozy") spaces, the use of rustic or vintage elements is really gorgeous in this space too. The architecture is enormous and lofty, giving you the space to decorate in a lot of different ways, yet Uniacke chose to keep the design simple. But the vintage furniture with the arching doorways and marble-esque hallways really works together.   I bet walking through it feels almost like visiting a castle.



I love that the kitchen still feels very rustic even with the modern light fixtures and stools.

Every room feels incredibly rich without needing to employ luscious fabrics or rich colors. And I am a fan of color, but this simple palette works so well. I might spruce it up with pops of bright color either in a throw pillow, a painting, or throw rug.



And here is the lady herself, standing in a lusciously green atrium because what else would have made sense?

What do you think of this interior designer? Lovely accents or too drab?

1 comment:

  1. Amazing. Some things aren't my cup of tea but that kitchen and yard area - wow, I want.

    Ally @ http://thefittedframe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...