Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday Love: Gatsby Me

My general sentiment about this collection that I found at Dear Creatures is as follows: squeeeee! The dresses are adorable and they styled them for the shoot in such a winning 30s-40s fashion to make even these modern dresses have the perfect touch of vintage to them. I love the model's hairstyle so much and I want every dress in this collection. And as much as I hate the term "modern vintage" (what does that mean?!!? How can something be modern and vintage?), this would be the closest thing to me accepting something as modern vintage. Of course, a lot of it has to do with the style as a whole. You can easily take these dresses and make them more modern, but I love the vibe of the shoot. And the shoes are to die for, but you know, women love shoes and all that. The cute short dresses make me think of this Great Gatsby shoot I found a while back. Maybe I'm just loving 20s, 30s, 40s style right now since I've had a 50s and 60s overload. The housewife look is over done for my tastes.







What do you think? Love? Hate?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...