Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What I Wore: The Tourist Edition

A couple weeks ago I took a little staycation here in my lovely city of Chicago and it was a blast! Well I guess any kind of vacation usually is, huh? I wish I could still be on vacation, but at least I took a little time to recoup. Anyway, today's outfit post is from a little trip I took with my friend to the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago and I got the chance to feel like a tourist! It's a really fun museum with lots of crazy art that I will never understand and lots of crazy art that just makes me admire the incredibly talented people in this world. It involved a trip downtown and lots of walking so I had to put on my best and most comfortable tourist gear and jaunt around Chicago a bit.



Outfit details? Well all the parts of this outfit are pretty much from Urban Outfitters and a year or so old, but loose cotton high-waisted shorts, and a breezy cotton tank top with comfy sandals were all I could have asked for when it came to the heat and walking around all day. I liked the color in the shorts and the tank is actually embellished with velvet sequins. Even though I love being comfortable when "traveling" it's hard for me to just ever be a shorts and t-shirt kind of girl. You can definitely be totally comfortable and fun at the same time. And if you're going to be spending a lot of time outside and walking around, I highly recommend wearing something with pockets. A over the shoulder bag is definitely also a must, especially if you're going to be doing any sort of shopping. It's great to have your hands free.




And this is my friend Sergio who very kindly snapped some shots of me after I got in some golden ones of him. Thanks Sergio! 


The rest of the shots I took were with my iPhone and put up on Instagram. Chicago at the lakeshore, my first time eating at Lou Malnatis (I know, I'm a bad Chicagoan), finally seeing the Dark Knight, my friend's birthday party, and, of course, grilling up veggie burgers!


Yum! The pizza was definitely delicious. If you're visiting Chicago, I hear it's a must and I have to agree. A week off was just what I needed for a memorable summer and now I'm refreshed and ready to get back to working! Oh well, not the office job. That I could totally change. I meant this and the vintage shop, the jewelry shop, and this shop that I just started toying around with. Say what?! I know, I need to pick on and focus. Trust me, I'm trying. In the meantime, I hope you enjoyed my staycation photos! 

What was the most fun you've had so far this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...