Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What I Wore: The Leather Vest Edition

Am I cool enough to rocka leather vest? No. Just by asking myself that question it's obvious I'm not. But, damnit, I'm going to try! So I went with my go-to outfit option when trying a trend that I think is too "tough" for me, I mixed it in with something sweet. Balance  as always, is important in any outfit or else you start looking like you're wearing a costume if you're too "biker chic" or too sweet or too rocker, etc.


I picked this vest up at Forever 21 a few weeks ago, because Forever 21 is the best place to pick up "trendy" items that you're not sure you'll wear more than once. Why? Well, besides the fact that they probably won't last you more than a couple wears, they're cheap. So if you buy something that doesn't work out, it's ok because you only spent 20 bucks on it versus 60 or even more.

So I paired this vest with a super girly polka dot dress I picked up from H&M a few seasons ago. The full circle skirt and print make it pretty timeless so I'm not too worried about it being a few seasons old. I thought it would be a nice contrast to the rough vest. What do you think?


And yes, it is the middle of winter. Yes, I am freezing. Can you tell? I'm so good at modeling. ::eye roll::



I'm already totally committed to making this vest work for me this spring so expect to see more of it! Any and all suggestions for outfits are welcome as well.

What's one thing you bought that you weren't sure fit your style?

P.s. Thank you again to my wonderful friend Lena. Please be sure to check out her photography skillz: Website, Blog, Instagram, and Facebook. Thanks! 

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! just found your blog and it and you are so cute! adorable even.

    leather vests are cool. I have one I never wear (it's 80s cache and has giant gold lion buttons, so... kinda louder than yours)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! You're too sweet. Um, I want to see this vest. You had me at giant gold lion.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...