Friday, September 7, 2012

Photo Friday:Vintage Books Brought to Life

I am a book nerd. It's not a secret. I will say it loud and proud. My friends used to (okay, still do) make fun of my by saying I would become a librarian and the truth is, I thought about it. I mean my personal library probably comes to something like 500 books now - that I still haven't read. So whenever any one makes "crafts" from old books by tearing out covers and cutting holes, I have a mini panic attack. Fine, I have a major panic attack. However, I do have to give credit where credit is due and I think this work by Thomas Allen  is pretty sweet.

I love the vintage images he used to make these pop-up art pieces because usually those images are so ridiculous anyway, they make the pieces really fun. I think I wouldn't mind opening a book and finding a whole other little world inside.









Would you ever take apart a book to turn it into something else?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...