Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What I Wore: The Heavy Lockdown Edition

Happy 2013 to everyone! This is my second post of the new year, officially, and I feel some weird sense of pressure to make it awesome. I think I'm going to let myself down. HOWEVER, I do feel the incredible need to make 2013 awesome, so here I come world! Er...blogger?

Anyway, I skipped putting up my New Year's outfit since I was super sick with the plague right after the New Year, but my outfit wasn't that exciting anyway so forget that idea. Instead I'm just putting up a plain, old, borring winter shorts outfit. F.Y.I. if you're tall, wearing shorts and a baggy sweater makes you look like you're all legs. #WIN


Okay, I know winter shorts are kind of fading out of the limelight. They were super huge last year and the year before, but I don't see them as often anymore. However, 2013 has become my YEAR OF SERIOUS SAVINGS (please read that in a big booming voice). What that means is, I'm going to have to give up a big chunk of my new clothes budget, my crafting budget, and most other budgets (which really only leaves my going out with friends budget) and try to make due with the tons of stuff I already have - which is why I'm calling this the heavy lockdown edition. This is not an impossible task. It will just take some re-training of my brain to not give into impulse and buy that cute pleather skirt I saw in a shop window yesterday. Okay, it might take a lot of re-training.

What that means for my bloggy resolutions is lots more DIY and upcycling projects! Also, lots more "shop your closet" type posts. Sounds good to you? Great, cause that's what you're getting.


Anyway, back to today's outfit. Since I'm not buying anything new for the winter, I've been digging up clothes from the back of my closet that I a.) never wear b.) forgot I own. These shorts are part of that. They're really summer shorts and are a light polyester material, but on a sunny winter day paired with my favorite sweater (thrifted, of course) and some tights, they totally worked out! Yay for shopping your closet! 

I think this outfit would work great for a day date (if I ever had such a thing) or lunch with the girls because it was cute and still pretty warm, but most of all it was comfortable. However, if you're going to go with a giant heel like I pulled for this outfit, I would recommend making sure it wasn't snowy and icy outside.


Oh, another thing I might have forgotten to mention, I'm going blonde! Sorry brunettes  no disrespect, but I thought I'd try something I've never done before for 2013. How's it turning out? Well...it's a process. I'll get back to you once it's a shade I actually like.

Like the necklace? Learn how you can make one right here! Or if you ask me super nicely, I can make a custom one for you and list it in my jewelry shop. Just email me or leave a comment below!



I didn't notice until I was photo editing that this outfit shoot also give you guys a nice shot of my thigh tattoo! Yes, that is a big ass skull on my thigh. His name is Roger. I swear he's friendly.

How are you staying stylish and saving cash in 2013?


3 comments:

  1. Hello and happy new year!
    The shorts really work even for this weather
    Your hair is looking great
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit. The shorts and alluring Pantyhose really showcase your great Legs!
    - Lindsay & erik

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your look…love the poses………. ;love the colors……. they work for you soooo well……
    You’re so chic! So pretty…and you have such a great sense of style.
    Love your legs in the sheer tights ….…… …… and the shorts are so lovely..... I love patterned shorts....
    You match perfectly…everything you wear…… you certainly make a super statement....
    I grew up in tights, being in ballet for 13 years. In fact, mom raised me rather androgynously, so I also wore tights under big sweaters and hip length tunics and such around the house growing up. Your lovely look reminds me of all those days….epsecially when the delivery man would come and I’d meet him at the door and he’s refer to me as Miss……
    Oh, by the way, I’m a guy…and I love fashion as much as I love dance.
    I was traveling in Europe this fall,
    It looks like you have the same affinity for tights as I have…..

    I raved to my new friends about how much I loved the tights/shorts look, so they encouraged me to try it myself…
    and I did in a big way,….. denim cutoffs, high waisted shorts, even a romper…….
    I will following your blog religiously….. thanks for sharing your lovely taste and your beauty
    I'm wearing shorts and tights on campus back in the states now..... I don't care what people say.
    I think that your tattoo is intriguing...... wow, you're so brave

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...