Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Vintage Etsy Shops Worth Adding to Your Favorites

When I first discovered Etsy I probably lost days of my life scouring different categories and adding things to my favorites. There was a sense of urgency when I first discovered Etsy. I kept thinking "I have to buy this now! There's only one. If I don't get it someone else will!" I have to admit I bought a couple unnecessary things because of the dumb nagging voice in my head and, mostly, I can't tell you what the things that I thought I needed at the time even were (thank goodness for shopping history).

I've calmed down with Etsy a bit since then and I no longer feel the need to buy just because it might disappear. Why? There's just too much good stuff out there to get caught up by one thing for too long. Considering my Etsy store sells vintage clothes and accessories, that has always been my focus when browsing through the different shops and there are a ton to choose from. I want to share with you some of my favorites today. They're what I aspire my little baby shop to be one day.

Midnight Flight is one of the first sellers I bought from and I love stopping in and checking out what they have. It's such an eclectic collection of vintage wears. You can find flashy and sequins and delicate and feminine. She also always seems to be updating her stock so it's good to check in frequently.



This Canadian seller has a collection that to me screams 80s Midwestern home-grown. I Wisconsin in the 80s and there's something strangely comforting about a little farm-girl style. (Check out her blog and adorable outfit posts too!)




What don't I love about this store? Sometimes the prices, but I understand why these pieces are so expensive. They are absolutely gorgeous. In all seriousness, if you're looking to get me a Christmas present, anything in my size from this seller will do. It is the essential 50s/Madmen-esque shop.

As for me, I'm slowly but surely working on it. It's hard enough to find time to blog, but I do love hunting down vintage finds. What's my favorite thing in the store right now? This yellow hounds tooth skirt from West Germany. Yes, that's right. West Germany. How cool is that? It even says it on the tag. It's a fraction too small, otherwise I was going to keep it for myself. It'd look so cute with a black cardigan and some pumps.


Long story short, great vintage finds have never been easier to...well, find.  Just wanted to share with you some of my favorite shops for doing so. I know there are a ton more. Which ones are your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. Hello there :) Thank you so much! Too cool. You have a really sweet blog :) I adore the other shops you have chosen :) Take care..xoxo

    Tawnya..Paper Doll Vintage

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...