Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What I Wore: Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween. It is by far my favorite holiday. I mean you get to play dress up along with all your friends, watch lots of scary movies, and eat more candy in one night than you normally do all year. What's not to love? Since Halloween falls on my usual day to post an outfit of the day, I thought this would be more than appropriate. So Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you eat candy until you make yourself sick and dress goofy today!


This is my actual Halloween costume. I made it myself from scratch and let me just tell you, one day to make the entire thing was not enough time. But I did it! I had been talking about being a lion for Halloween for about 2 years now so I finally sucked it up and made my own DIY lion costume. I could put up a tutorial, but I'm guessing now one needs it right now. Luckily, painstakingly gluing individual pieces of yarn to my hood for my mane paid off because everyone loved it. You know what else was awesome about this handmade lion costume? I made it out of fleece fabric so it was basically like wearing a blanket bodysuit all night, which was sweet in the freezing weather we had in Chicago Halloween weekend. 

My make-up on Halloween weekend was pretty intense and no one reconized me even with my hood off, but I was feeling pretty lazy this week. Don't judge me. Image this with lots of yellow and orange and whiskers drawn on my face.

What did you dress up as for Halloween?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...