Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What I Wore: The Vintage Dots Edition

It's been a while since I've done one of these check-what's-in-my-shop outfit posts so I thought I might be due for one. This dress is an awesome one I picked up and it's awesome for two reasons: 1. The fit is fantastic for pear shapes like myself and perfectly professional if you work in an office. 2. It's a little daring in that it's both polka dots and stripes in one dress, so if you're intimidated by mixing patterns (like I am sometimes) this dress does the hard part for you.

Oversized clutch (actually a laptop case, but really?) - Urban Outfitters
Green heels - Aldo
Anchor Brewing bottle cap earrings 

Here's why I love vintage dresses: They are (for the most part) one of a kind, so if you're the type of person who worries about running into someone at a party or at the mall wearing the same Forever21 shirt as you, vintage is the way to go. Besides that, with how popular vintage / retro / nostalgic styles have been over the years, it's so easy to pick up a vintage piece that looks just like a brand new piece for sometimes a lot cheaper. But what you mostly get with a vintage dress that you don't get with something new picked up on Modcloth is a story. Someone loved this piece before you and took great care of it. I guess that appeals to me because I love stories and I never had anyone to hand down things to me. I often wonder where pieces came from, who loved them before I found them - is that weird? Maybe I'm just looking to add a romance to clothes that H&M can't. 




These bottle cap earring are for sale! They're from an Anchor Brewing beer...Anchor Steam I believe? Anyway, they're super fun if you're a beer lover (and the beer was super tasty too!). Side note: geez my eyes look green in this shot. I'm pretty sure that's not real.

Why do you buy vintage?


2 comments:

  1. Love the photos. The vintage dress looks great on you :)

    http://fantasyfashioned.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. the handbag or something (I don't know) isn't in suit with the dress just I think

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...