Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What I Wore: The Running Errands Edition

No one believes me when I say I don't do sweat pants or that I hardly wear jeans, even when just running errands on a lazy Sunday. Well here's the proof! This outfit post was a last minute throw together since I had my camera and was running errands and working around the house. This was what I actually woke up and put on to do laundry in. It has not been staged and no animals were harmed in the shooting of this outfit post. Thank you.

Sweater - Men's Wool V-neck from Banana Republic (that I accidentally shrunk so now it's mine!)
Grey leggings
Studded buckles shoes - Urban Outfitters (and also in this outfit post)

Let me explain to you my feelings on "comfy clothes". I don't like them. No, that's not right. I do like them and I've spent a Sunday here and there in a sweater and yoga pants, this is true. However, I generally can't stand going out in jeans and a t-shirt or sweats just because I'm running errands. Sweats are for sweating in. I wear them to the gym. Generally I try to live by this style philosophy "You never know who you're going to run into." True. The chances of me running into the President at Walgreen's are slim, but I've run into people or been invited to last minute events where I wished I had looked better. When you're a professional networker (like I try as all hell to be), it's important to be prepared. You know, just in case. Yes, I realize this probably sounds paranoid, but have you ever run into your ex-boyfriend at the grocery store in your sweats? Yea, I don't want that to happen either. Besides, I'm way more comfortable in leggings and a skirt than sweat pants anyway. I bet you are too.



So there you have it. This is what I do laundry in. Real talk.

When do you put on sweats?


3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. Comfy clothes are strictly gym/sick days/sleep only. My feelings are life is a huge deal and every day is an occasion and we should all dress accordingly.

    PS--sorry for comment bombing your entire blog, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew, glad I'm not the only one. Um, please don't ever apologize for comment bombing. I love the feedback! More comment bombing!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...