Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What I Wore: The I Heart Skulls Edition

I love skulls. Is that a weird sentence? Probably. But it's true! And I don't know how else to phrase it. The skull motif has been pretty popular in fashion for a little while now and I couldn't be happier. It's become slightly a problem. Obviously, when I found this dress I knew I had to have it. Even though I realize I look a little Wednesday Adams in this post. Ooops.

Skull Lace Mini Dress - Local Boutique (but I did find this adorable blogger wearing the white version. Seriously, how cute is she?)
Sweater - Urban Outfitters
Oxblood Tights 
Heeled Oxfords - Urban Outfitters last year (also in this post) 

Sorry I don't really have any new items to link to in this post. It's Christmas season so I've been "shopping my closet" WAY more often than usual.


Ok so let's talk about my one and only issue with this lace skull dress. I bought it in the summer, but there is no way I can get away with wearing it in the summer without tights. Not unless everyone wants to become really familiar with my butt cheeks.

I often call myself a giant, but in reality I'm just on the tall girl end of the spectrum. I know there are girls that are way taller than me and have a much harder time finding clothes that fit. However, dresses are always a problem. Or affordable dresses are always a problem because affordable dresses are often cheaply made. Shocking, I know. I'm sorry to be the one to break the news. But, as much as cheap mini dresses make my wallet happy, they don't always work with my long torso. Which is one of the only reason I love winter! Leggings make all too-short dresses into tunics and I can work with that.



Peter pan collar, lace skulls, and a little leather bow? Could this be any more girlie rock and roll?


What's your take on skull fashion? Good? Bad? Ugly?

P.s. don't forget I love social media! Do you? Then find me on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...