Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thursday Tutorial: 7 Quick DIY Christmas Ornaments

So call my mom sentimental if you want, but I'm her only child so you'll have to understand why at 24 I'm still looking for handmade ornament ideas to make for her.  Mostly, we're probably still just humoring each other, but damn it I think she love the Christmas ornament I make for her every year!

Of course, at 24 covering a wine cork in glitter and beads doesn't quite seem to cut it anymore. So I went on a Christmas ornament hunt on the Internet and found some really awesome ideas. I think I know which one I'm going to make as a gift, but I found so many fun ideas for handmade ornaments that I thought I'd share then with you guys in case I'm not the only one out there still making kindergarten-esque gifts.



I know my mom would love the little Matryoshka doll one so I guess I'm headed out to buy some felt this week. But all of the tutorials for these other Christmas ornaments are too adorable not to share.

  1. Hot Air Balloon Ornament from The Cheese Thief
  2. Vintage Egg Ornament from Happy Together
  3. Matryoshka Doll Felt Ornament from My Sparkle
  4. Holly Jolly Ornaments from Martha Stewart 
  5. Map Cut Out Ornament from Mary Jane and Galoshes
  6. Thumbprint Reindeer Ornament Tutorial from Little Bit Funky
  7. Acorn Nest Ornament Tutorial from Twig and Toadstool

Do you still make Christmas ornaments as gifts?


P.s. don't forget I love social media! Do you? Then find me on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...