Of course, at 24 covering a wine cork in glitter and beads doesn't quite seem to cut it anymore. So I went on a Christmas ornament hunt on the Internet and found some really awesome ideas. I think I know which one I'm going to make as a gift, but I found so many fun ideas for handmade ornaments that I thought I'd share then with you guys in case I'm not the only one out there still making kindergarten-esque gifts.
I know my mom would love the little Matryoshka doll one so I guess I'm headed out to buy some felt this week. But all of the tutorials for these other Christmas ornaments are too adorable not to share.
- Hot Air Balloon Ornament from The Cheese Thief
- Vintage Egg Ornament from Happy Together
- Matryoshka Doll Felt Ornament from My Sparkle
- Holly Jolly Ornaments from Martha Stewart
- Map Cut Out Ornament from Mary Jane and Galoshes
- Thumbprint Reindeer Ornament Tutorial from Little Bit Funky
- Acorn Nest Ornament Tutorial from Twig and Toadstool