Wednesday, December 26, 2012

What I Wore: The Holiday Getaway Edition

My parents have been going up to Wisconsin every weekend since I can remember. When I was younger it was fun to get away and play by the lake. As I got older, I of course didn't want to do anything but stay in the city and hang out with my friends  - like most normal jerky teenagers. And they were oh so nice and let me stay while they went away for the weekends. Yes, you read that right, a teenager alone on the weekends. I promise I didn't cause too much trouble.



I haven't been up there with them in several years, but somehow I felt I owed it to them so I agreed to go up for the weekend before Christmas. Minus the lack of cell reception and no internet, it wasn't half bad. I got soooo much knitting done,  it's nuts. For most of the time there, I just wore leggings and skirts and boots - my general outfit default mode - but even that seemed too dressed up for this small town. However, it did make for comfortable vacation wear while sitting in front of the fire and knitting. I guess that makes it totally appropriate that I was dressed like a librarian. I think I missed my true calling. I'm good at dressing as a librarian.

Skirt - Urban Outfitters ages ago
Black Leggings
Grey cardigan - Banana Republic





Did you have a happy holiday?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...