Wednesday, December 19, 2012

What I Wore: The Sweater Weather Edition

I'm in a rut. A cardigan wearing rut. I'm trying my best to break out of it, but I own like 50 cardigans (no joke) and they are simply my go-to cover up in cold weather. However, I realize that I look eternally boring if I wear a cardigan over something every single day. So I went to the Urban Outlet in Chicago and tried to change things up a bit.


Pink cropped sweater - Sale Urban Outfitters
Polka dot dress - Old Navy, thrifted
Hat - local boutique
Bag - thrifted
I don't have a lot of outfit details for this post either as most of it is thrifted or old. It's the holidays people, shopping for myself is a big no-no. Although, I'm not going to lie to you and tell you I haven't bought anything for myself. it is the holidays. ;)

Okay so let's chat about my solution to my cardigan dilemma: more sweaters. Yea, I know. It sounds counter-intuitive, but it's been doing the trick. My problem is I never know how to cover my arms in the winter so I ran over to the thrift store and picked up a few $10 sweaters at the sale Urban Outfitters and called it a day.

So now I'm trying to learn how to wear sweaters over skirts and dresses without looking as wide as a house.  Ta-da! I was pretty pleased with this outfit actually. And yes, I am actually wearing a hat again. It was shocking to me too.



How do you combat the winter cold?

P.s. don't forget to keep up with me! I'm on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...