Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday Design: Eclectic As It Gets

Now as much as I'm drawn in by rustic design mixed with clean white spaces, my actual living space is something of a hodge podge of...stuff. I tend to hoard things and add them to my apartment as design elements. Of course, I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this, but it's always refreshing when someone does it and it looks good. This cozy home in the French Alps is the definition of eclectic but in a way that all flows together well.


I thought the outside of the house was nothing exciting to look at, but I love the indoor decor. I guess when you live out in the Alps and you see more snow than not, the inside is more important than the outside anyway. The indoor space is open and huge with grand lofty ceilings making it easy to feel empty and cold, especially in the mountainous surroundings. The ample couches and bright colors are the perfect addition to the open layout that makes it feel cozy and warm.




Wouldn't you love to spend nights reading in this cozy little library?





The mosaic kitchen island is a perfect fit!





The stone details in the bathroom are a stark contrast with the all wood interior, but it works well with the natural elements in the architecture.

What do you think? Too cluttered or cozy?

P.s. don't forget I love social media! Do you? Then find me on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...