Friday, April 13, 2012

Photo Friday: Who is Julien Pacaud?

If you already know the answer, I envy you. I can't remember where I first stumbled across Julien Pacaud, but I have to say that his site drew me in immediately. I love the retro imagery that he infuses into his collage-like pieces. There is something very wonderful and kind of hilarious about these distinct images fused together to function as one. Each photo tells a story without saying a word, which is why I completely understand that a lot of his work has been for political publications and for literary editorials. Somehow, his use of those very kitschy vintage images from the 60s and 70s does not seem awkward at all or ill-fitting at all.


Long story short, I'm a complete fan of Julien Pacaud and would love to have a one of these prints hanging up in my apartment. How cool would this Copernicus print in your living room?  

Anyway, enjoy the awesome art of Pacaud and have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...