Thursday, April 5, 2012

Vintage Love: Hawaiian Florals

Chicago weather can be frustrating at best. It's 80 degrees in February and then 40 degrees in March, how does one adapt? Well I think that Spring is finally here! (I hope.) In the week that it was 80 degrees here, I started dreaming about Summer and the beach and all the fun that comes with that. I love the old 50s and 60s Hawaiian patterns that were so popular for the summertime. Hawaii was such a romanticized place and I guess it still is, but you hardly ever see such happy and colorful ads for it anymore. I love looking at vintage Hawaiian print dresses and thinking "Did people really wear those out in public?" Some of them can be very over the top. Still fun though!

 

 

 






 


What's your favorite vintage summer style?

P.s. I'm having a sale in my Etsy shop for my lucky blogger and Facebook friends! Enter FRESH at checkout for 20% off your purchase! Lucky you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...