Friday, May 11, 2012

Photo Friday: Charming Prints of High Street

I found these prints by Eric Ravilious on Elle Decor the other day and they charmed me into sharing them with you all. They're prints of the types of shops and people you would find on High Street, the British equivalent of Main Street. Every town has one and every one can relate. Even in the style of shops of the early 1900s you can imagine that everyone knew where to find what they need on High Street. I love these prints because they're those old fashioned book illustration prints that you just don't find anymore. You know the ones right? Where each print had to be inked and hand pressed into the pages of the book, those books were always special editions and cost a bundle. Oh dear, excuse me while I put my inner librarian back in the closet.

Either way, whether you know what I'm talking about or not, they're pretty prints of vintage times. What could be more charming? The book has actually been re-released so you can pick it up and see them up close for yourself. Something I might just do soon.










That's all I've got for today. Sorry for the super short post. Have a great weekend kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...