Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday: The Seeing Red Edition

Colored denim! Oh my love! What can I say about colored denim? Pages probably, but I'll keep it brief. I love colored denim probably more than anyone you've ever met in your life. Why? Because it's so much better than that stupid black and blue denim you see everywhere that's why! How boring are blue jeans? Everyone has them, everyone wears them. You don't get noticed walking down the street wearing boot cut Levi's. Well, the real reason that I think I'm obsessed with colored denim is that in actuality I hate pants. I really do. They are constricting and uncomfortable. Give me a skirt and a pair of tights any day. But for some reason, I never mind putting on a pair of bright pink jeans. It just cheers me up! I mean even last week I was wearing floral pants. So here you have it, one of my very few outfits wearing something that is considered a "pant." Enjoy!

Side note: I didn't realize that the giant red dot on the door matched my pants perfectly until about half way through this shoot. It was not entirely intentional, but it gives the pictures a nice balance don't you think? No? Just me? Ok.

Red jeans: Urban Outfitters
Similar white blazer
Tie dye tank: Presence from years ago
Buckle heels: Target (worn here earlier)


A note about this ring: I bought this super awesome (and my new favorite) scarab ring from JewelMint. I know, I know, you're probably all minted out just like I was. I mean there's a million of them, do we seriously need a BeachMint? However, I am a big,big fan of jewelry so I signed up since it was free and I have to admit that it's totally worth it. You don't have to pay a monthly fee if you don't want to, and if you do want to that monthly fee just turns into a credit which is usually good from at least one piece of jewelry. In essence, the monthly fee is just them asking you to hold you money until you buy something and, trust me, you will buy something. They actually do a pretty good job (with some help from you) of picking out pieces tailored to fit your style. As with any of my insanity, don't take my word for it, check it out yourself! And no, they are not paying me to say any of this (but if you are reading JewelMint, I will take a bracelet as a thank you). 



Talk to me: Do you love colored denim like I do?

4 comments:

  1. I love this look on you, and I think the red dot in the picture looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you on the "everyone wears blue jeans" thing. It kinda drives me crazy that people love their jeans to be only blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I'm sticking with red and pink and blue and white and I'm sure I'll add some along the way.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...