Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tuesday Trendspotting: Urban Safari

It's barely felt like spring's been here, but it's been in full swing for a while now. That means that before I know it, it's going to be 100 degrees in Chicago on cool days. So I'm trying to think summer even though it kind of still feels like winter here. Well you know what summer means! Shorts, skirts, strapless dresses, bright colors, and safari themes. It happens every year so it shouldn't be a surprise, but I love it every time anyway. I'm totally a sucker for that urban safari trend, probably because I wish I was actually going on a safari. Who doesn't want to stare at lions and feed an elephant, right? Anyway, the patterns and color schemes just seem to fit those 100 degree days so perfectly. I already gave you guys a taste of it in the Ayres collections, which played up the urban safari thing heavily.

I'm getting pretty excited to be wearing light weight dresses with fun colors and prints again soon. I might need to get that romper for Nasty Gal, it's totally me and looks perfect for trips to the beach, shopping, or even summer music festivals. I'm love rompers in the summer, they just make such easy outfits, although they do make it damn near impossible to go pee, but I guess beauty is pain or something like that right? Anyway, the urban safari look isn't for everyone, but if you love prints and colors and mixing in neutrals then it's something you should totally give a shot!


What summer trend are you looking forward to this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...