Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday Trendspotting: Minimalist Chic

Every time I start browsing next season's collections, I feel a little weird since it's still so hot outside and I have't even worn all my summer dresses yet. But I can't help and get excited about fall's new looks. And by fashion standards I'm late in the game as it is, so I'll just start talking tweed, leopard print, and merino now without guilt.

I have always claimed that summer is my favorite season. Of course, growing up it was and for good reason. Summer equals no school, pool parties, and infinite ice cream. However, since my free and careless summers are a thing of the past, I'm starting to realize that fall is a much more accommodating season and it's definitely become my favorite season for fashion. Although that might also have something to do with the fact that I'm a tights and leggings kind of gal. It's harder to look presentable in a mini skirt and bare legs at the office. Which is one of the reasons I went ga-ga over this collection from Juliette Hogan. It's minimalist but gorgeous. All the pieces I would be able to wear to the office and then out to the bar once the weather started cooling down and I adore that. I've never been one that stuck to strict "office wear" so I think all of these piece are conservative enough to wear to a meeting, but don't drown your personal style.




The rich fabrics and touches of rusted colors are perfect for an easy transition into winter and when you live in Chicago, the last thing you want to be worried about is how you're going to survive the winter. Because I'm a big accessories girl, I love the minimalistic quality of this fall/winter collection. It just means that I get to load each outfit up with jewelry and such.


Generally, I love bright and loud colors, which this collection has none of, but it all fits together so well that I can't help but think I need to stock up on some dark mustard and burnt orange.











FYI, I adore this dress. Can I afford it? No. Am I going to attempt to make it? Yes, because I am just that crazy. Will it be successful? Oh god no. 

What are you looking forward to in the fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...