Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What I Wore: Summer Music Festival Edition

I don't know if you realize this about me, but I am a Twitter fiend. I'm on all day long talking to people and talking about craziness, so if you're into that you should definitely follow me ;) Anyway, thanks to my constant searching of Twitter, I found a contest being held by Whole Foods in Chicago to win a pair of tickets to one day of Pitchfork Music Festival and I won! It was probably the only thing I've ever won in my life, but it was very cool. So today's outfit post is my weekend music festival outfit! 

Disclosure: the motorcycle in the background is not mine or anyone's that I know. It just happened to be parked behind my building and I totally wanted to look like a badass. Of course, I was too scared to take any picture actually ON the bike, so it's entirely a backdrop. I'm so cool, right?



Lace open back blouse - similar lace top
Pink bandeau top - similar top
Jean shorts 
Vintage bag

My summer music festival outfit is actually a little out of my comfort zone. I'm not usually comfortable wearing barely any clothes or showing midriff (how early 2000s of me), but it was going to be a very, very, very hot and long day so I went for it. In the end it was definitely the right decision, I would have been burning up in anything else. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice decency to save yourself from heat stroke. Just sometimes.



These earring are part of my attempt at a jewelry store, so you can pick up your very own right here

Did you go/ are you going to any music festivals this summer?

2 comments:

  1. Cute & congrats on your win! Now I'm regretting never being on Twitter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, get on it! I'll show you the ropes ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...