Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Design: Geometric Ombre Mirrors

Do you ever see something in a store or online and think "I want! I want! I want!"? Well that's what happened when I saw these Transcience Mirrors by David Derksen Design. They take the process of oxidizing mirrors and speed it up to create this fantastic ombre effect on the mirrors. Usually, mirrors do this naturally over time, but by adding sulfer into the mix you can speed up the process and create some really gorgeous design piece to add to your home. They are not the most practical pieces for checking out your outfit in the morning, but they would be great accent pieces in a living room or hallway. Don't you think? First seen here.







This is my favorite shot of the mirrors.




Because I'm nuts and like to know how everything is made, I love these last few shots of the process of creating the transcience mirrors. It's so interesting to me to see how they planned it out and executed the mirrors so that they transition so perfectly from one color to the next. 

Would stick one of these in your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...