Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Design: The Classiest Bachelor Pad

Today's design feature is actually a showroom not a living space. The showroom belongs to avant-garde design collector Alketas Pazis and it's a fantastic collection of furniture, rugs, and other design pieces from 1900 to 1950. Pazis's showroom is located in Athens and he has spent his career collecting pieces that have been used in countless movies, magazines, and t.v. shows. 

I about lost it when I stumbled across this place. What I'm wondering is how do I get this job? I love collecting old and obscure stuff. Who wants to rent it from me for their movie? Anyway, when I first gimplsed this showroom Pazis put together or his vintage collectables I thought, "This is how I would design the ultimate bachelor pad if I were a designer." This would have to be the home of one worldly, stylish, and endless interesting gentleman. The dark, rich colors on the walls and the brown accents always make me think of manly design. 












 Considering it is entirely styled from vintage design pieces dating between 1900 and 1950, it might be more appropriate to call this a vintage-loving man's can. Either way, I love it.

What do you say fellows? Would you live here? Ladies, what would you think of the man that lived here? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...