Friday, February 17, 2012

Redefining Spaces with Optical Illusions

Happy Friday!
You probably needed it to be Friday just as bad as me huh? Well, the weekend starts tomorrow and I'm going to catch up on some much needed sleep. In the meantime, here's a little optical illusion to get you through the day!

Swiss artist Felice Varini has created a fantasic spin on optical illusions for interior design. I don't know if any of you would be able to get away with this in your homes, but I'd love to see this in person in a large building. From one angle, it's an oval with many miniature ovals. From another, it looks like someone did a really bad paint job. From up close, one wall of the room has been painted in a very artistic manner while the others were left white. I love it. All photos via FreshHome.




















Messes with your head a little doesn't it? I think it would hurt my eyes to look at if I wasn't looking at it head on constantly.


So what do you think? Would this be practical in a home or is it better off as an art installation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...