Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday: The 50s Housewife Edition

As my blog title suggests, I love all things vintage. Like many girls nowadays, I sometimes feel like I was born in the wrong era, which is one of the reasons why I started my Etsy store. I would go thrifting and shop garage sales and find things that didn't fit me, but I bought because I thought they were cool anyway. I don't know what I thought I was going to do with this growing pile of thrifted stuff. At some point the idea of starting a vintage Etsy store popped into my head and Stranger Than Vintage was born!

Okay enough of that, on to the outfit. My outfit post today is vintage inspired but all of the pieces I'm wearing are new. (I'm a cheat I know.) I love full midi skirts, they are so fun to wear. This skirt is a pretty heavy  canvas fabric so I paired it with a light sheer top. Wouldn't I make a good 50s housewife? I need to work on getting that 50s hair though.

For anyone who thinks this outfit is too costume-y, the roommate and I...er boyfriend and I (he does not approve of being called my roommate) went out shopping after this and I got a ton of compliments on the outfit. Just goes to show you Nike was right, just do it.


I am obviously confused by housework.




Because I got everything from a local boutique I used to work at, here is a similar skirt (that I actually think is much cuter and plan on buying ASAP), similar shirt, similar shoes, and similar tights.

Oh and the Refinery29 style blogger challenge is still going on! They set it up really weird though and you have to scroll quite a bit to find me, but you might find some amazing bloggers you want to follow! I did anyway.



Thanks all! Don't forget you can find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!

3 comments:

  1. you are a-freakin-dorable! love the new layout too! although I miss the cute pic of you at the top..really liked that! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet! Haha, I thought that other banner was too "look at me!", but I guess this is my blog. Glad you like the new layout!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...