Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Design: Soho House

This Soho apartment designed by Paris-raised interior designer Olatz Schnabel is a fabulous combination of colors, patterns, and antique Parisian style. I love the way she used colors and patterns to make even the sparsest rooms feel full and cozy. The design throughout the apartment includes minimal furniture and decorative elements, but the combination of bright colors and patterned touches make each room feel full of personal influences. Images from here.

It's no secret that I love colorful homes, but this apartment design combines two of my favorite style elements - color and french design. The space seems amazingly lush and regal without over-doing it or feeling overly crowded. The infusion of large paintings and Grecian pillar lamps in the living room make the already artful space seem like an artist's studio infused with a museum.  In short, this Soho apartment is obviously the home of a creative mind and that's exactly what a home is supposed to be - a reflection of yourself. That's why I painted every room in my apartment a different color and have a bright red couch. It all makes sense now doesn't it? Moment of revelation: self reflection must be the reason that I love interior design as much as I love fashion. It's good to express yourself, right?

Okay, enough babbling, check out the awesomeness that is this Soho interior designer's apartment:








How do you make your space feel like home?

2 comments:

  1. Really nice pictures! I'm in love with ur style ♥
    I'm your new follower :) I hope we can follow each other.

    http://fantasyfashioned.blogspot.de/

    Have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're too sweet! I'll def check out your blog. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...