Friday, March 30, 2012

Photo Friday: Screw Art!

When I saw this installation piece by Andrew Myers I was stunned. It takes such amazing talent to pull something like this off and I am knock-down-on-the-floor impressed. Can you believe that screws drilled into the wall could make such expressive and detailed portraits? Andrew Myers drills in screws at different depths to create a surprisingly detailed 3D image on a wall. Once the image is visible, Myers paints each screw by hand to make the portraits even more life-like.








I can't even imagine the amount of time and planning that goes into creating one of these 3D screw art images. I'd love to see one in person and be able to touch the different hills and valleys created by the screws that make up the images.

What do you think? Awesome or eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...