Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday: The Wind in Vintage Dresses Edition

Today's outfit post is a little different in that I'm wearing something from the Etsy store! I realized that I originally started this blog as motivation to focus on my Etsy store, but the exact opposite has happened. I've been focusing less and less on making the store better. Today is my attempt at fixing that! I pulled one of my favorite dresses from the store that's my size and had a little fun with it. Of course there are a lot of ways to style this one, but it's so pretty I really wanted to keep it simple.

This dress is really light and sheer. It's polyester since it's probably from the early 80s, but it feels really silky. It's in  really great condition. No rips or tears or fading, but the elastic in the waistband is a little worn out so it's not as elastic-y as it once was. The belt I put around it fixed that up in a jif though. The pleats make it perfectly flowy.


This is the Jason Wu for Target bag I picked up and I got these shoes on sale from Urban Outfitters a while back.




JMo4QK on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs

So there we go, this is what I do when I'm not blogging. I search every where for pretty and fun vintage pieces. And no, I don't wear the  pieces I pick up to sell out, but thrifting does come with the hazard of keeping a lot of what I buy. More peeks into my vintage closet to come!

Do you ever shop vintage? What are your favorite pieces to pick up?



P.s. I'm a featured blogger on CraftFoxes! Check out my article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...